Sunday, March 23, 2008

And We're Off!

At the present moment, I am in Los Angeles, sitting in Singapore Airline's Business Class Lounge, waiting to hop on a plane to Singapore. It's been a long day so far- didn't sleep much last night, and woke up at 5:30 so my mother and I could catch the early flight from Shreveport to Dallas, and from Dallas to LAX. Now, we only have one ---ahem--18 hour flight from the west coast to the island country that lies 60 miles from the equator.

From what has been reported to me over the telephone, the remaining inhabitants of Maison Cou Rouge are playing nicely. No one has been injured or maimed. No one has starved.

And no turkeys have been shot as of sundown. Yes, mirth reigns once again, as hunting season (this time, turkey) started on Saturday.

I wish I had pictures, but my card reader is packed in my luggage, which- with all hope and prayers to whomever is the patron saint of traveler's luggage- is somewhere in the bowels of LAX, about to be loaded into the hold of a rather large, trans-pacific plane.

See you when we get there!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage!