Thursday, October 1, 2009

Into Stockholm

We had a nice leisurely sail through the beautiful islands toward Stockholm.


We arrived in the evening, so I had the day to wander around Symphony.











The crew had a weekly drill, and I had fun watching them trot around the ship to various muster stations...





It looked for a while like we were following a pilot ship, which seemed unusual...



A blast from Symphony's horn caught little attention. But another blast, and then another, and passengers started to look forward...as we got closer and closer and...



A reeeaaallllyyy long blast later, and someone moved over....



I mean, come ON--how can you not hear all that noise? Did the pilot have earphones on? Imagine what ran through his head when he FINALLY turned around and looked and saw what was looming up on his stern!!!

We had an early dinner, as our excursion was an evening harbor cruise of Stockholm...so we shared "goodbye-for-now" hugs with our waiters..





And I added to my collection of "Me and My Sommelier" with photos of Bart



and Mario (yep, same one from last year!!)



Our excursion was lovely--couldn't have had better weather...











And the sights from near the waterline stunning.















(unfortunately, my camera wasn't on all the time...so I missed the group of 4 teen-aged boys doing what teen-aged boys do best...mooning a whole boat-load of tourists!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite city in Europe!