Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life Continues...

Oh, I guess I should mention that life continues here at Maison Cou Rouge....it's not just about traveling...

The past two weeks have given us....

Caroline FINALLY got a car.... and Joel's real happy about that, too!!







It's a rare sight, so you have to see it...



Alix and new beau Wesley attended his Battalion Ball (he goes to Georgia Military College)





Alix participated in the GISA Region Literary tournament in Personal Essay and placed third...and the team WON REGION!!!!!


Alix and friend Cassi with the trophy!!


The whole team...



being SILLY



Wesley had an honors parade, so Alix and I went..











Alix had a track meet this past Wednesday...

She came in second in the 2 mile, breaking 15 minutes.....



And won the 800 by...oh, about 80 meters (You can barely see the second place girl waaaayyyy back at the top of the stretch).



While she recovered, I had the chance to be tall for once



(yes, I know, Jan-Olav, I am stealing the idea from you...)

This past Thursday was St. Patrick's Day...and we had a little celebration-

Anna is always up for a photo opportunity!



as are Kreslyn and Courtney.


The gang's all here (well, some--I didn't get everyone! Green wine will do that to you...)



Last night, the (first annual) Lock Stock And Barrel fundraiser to benefit the Georgia Rural Medical Scholars Program was held-and it was TONS of fun!

Skeet shooting, silent auction, topiary demonstration, vendors and music along with steamed oysters and a delicious buffet!



Katrina was working (as did Alix and others in the Washington County Youth Leadership Program), and I talked her into trying her first oyster.



I think it will probably be her last oyster, as well.




I didn't have enough time to catch the brilliant moon last night on the way home, but the clouds around it were sort of cool.



Now that should bring everyone up to date!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: