Friday, January 27, 2012

Atlanta

The day after Alix's birthday, I headed up to Atlanta to stay with my darling granddogter Molly. AJ and Anna-Grace headed off for an overnight of skiing in North Carolina with his fraternity.

I discovered that Molly likes to watch TV.




She plays hard......




and when she crashes, she crashes.




On Sunday, I trotted myself over to the High Museum of Art to see the Picasso to Warhol exhibit.

I had seen many of the works in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, but it was like greeting old friends.

I loved that, although you couldn't use "real" cameras to take photos of the works, you COULD use camera phones!!!!

Picasso's Girl Before a Mirror.



My beloved Matisse. Maquette for Nuit de Noel.




More Matisse. The sculpture is The Serf, with the painting "Artist's Model" in back.



Mondrian's Trafalgar Square.



Brancusi's Bird in Space.




Pollack's Number 1A.




Warhol's Campbell Soup Cans.





I could have stayed for hours. But the kids were due back, and WOW, were they tired!

The girls fell asleep on the sofa right after dinner...



And I had a long drive ahead of me.... to Louisiana!

No comments: