Wednesday, October 24, 2012

2012 SFC Istanbul's Spice Market

Now that we were once again on land, one of the places I was really looking forward to visiting was Istanbul's Spice Market.

Now, if you know me, you know I am a foodie.  I am especially fond of spices and condiments.  And I love a collection of small stores and stalls anywhere.  So adventuring to the Spice Market sounded like an ideal outing.  And it didn't disappoint.

Just out of the cab and waiting for the others!



Turns out they took so long because their cab was involved in an accident--but everyone was okay.  Experience EVERYTHING in Istanbul, we all say....

I wish someone would invent internet smell-o-vision---it was AMAZING.



My head started to spin off just one meter into the building.



Not just spices, but dried fruit, coffee grinders, crockery, tiles, veils, shoes, hats--just about anything imaginable.



I wandered for about an hour, and kept coming back to this stall.



This very kind gentleman, Moustafa, spent almost half an hour with me discussing saffron.



I ended up buying several kinds, along with an amazing spice blend for meat, some tea, and....well, just about anything I thought I could take back home with me.  I could have spent hours more there.

Heck, I could have spent MONTHS.

No comments: