Thursday, October 9, 2008

Big Weekend 1

Well, as you might imagine, it was a big weekend at Maison Cou Rouge. A birthday and football game Friday, a Masked Ball on Saturday, a family reunion Sunday, and a Powder Puff football game on Monday. So much that I feel the need to break it down over several days!!

Friday, Brentwood had a football game against Westminister Christian School in Watkinsville, Georgia, which is about 90 minutes away. Just outside of Athens, where the University of Georgia is located. It's also the home of my favorite yarn store. But I didn't make it to Main Street Yarns this visit..we went to my favorite Watkinsville restaurant, Maison Bleu, for an early birthday supper!
I let Girl and her BFF take pics of the old pair...

Then we got to reciprocate

Girl got her beloved escargots--this time served sans the shell, with polenta bites and a yummy brown sauce..
And the piggy birthday girl got TWO desserts--the flourless chocolate cake and ginger ice cream!!
Girl is going to kill me, but I simply HAVE to post the video I took of her doing an impression of an owl..(she has a very flexible neck)--we still laugh hysterically every time we see this...

And the War Eagles gave me a nice birthday present!! Boy scored two of the touchdowns in the second quarter and then most of the senior boys sat out the second half and the younger bunch got a real workout!

And because my child persists in memorializing my birthdays with photos such as THIS--

This is how I'm celebrating all my remaining birthdays...

No comments: