Thursday, May 14, 2009

Honors Day 2009

I know I am woefully behind in my posting, but it has been a busy few weeks since my return from the trip. I will try to play catch up !!

Tuesday was Brentwood High School's Honors Day. And it was the first time we say Boy in his cap and gown. Yes, I got a little teary when I saw all these dear friends of his marching in.

The speaker, Dr. Jennifer Holton, gave an absolutely WONDERFUL speech. I am hoping to get a copy to post here.

Boy was given plaques for and various certificates for the awards and scholarships he has received....mind if I brag a little? President's Award for Educational Excellence, National Merit Commended Student, George D Warthen Bank T-Cash Scholarship for highest math SAT score, Georgia Mining Foundation Scholarship, Washington County Georgia Tech Club Scholarship, Transylvania Club Scholarship for having the highest reading SAT score, Beta Club, National Honor Society, STAR Student (both Brentwood and Washington County region), and Honor Graduate.

Girl also had a spotlight moment when she was inducted into the Beta Club.

What a wonderful morning!!!!


To our kids: Just in case you've somehow forgotten, Daddy and I are SO VERY INCREDIBLY PROUD OF YOU TWO. Not just for your academic excellence, but for the way you lead your lives. It is an honor to be your parents.

No comments: