Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Calendar?? How Can It Be?????

I just had a bit of a shock.

I was just replying to an email from one of my college friends. "The Six of Us" are trying to arrange a girls getaway weekend sometime next year instead of attending reunion at "that college that USED to be Randolph-Macon Woman's College"

So I was checking my calendar, as every parent of a high school senior must, given the importance of the pomp and circumstance surrounding graduation.

In the first half of 2012, two-thirds of my weekends are already booked.

WHHHHAAAAAAAA???????????????

That's a YEAR AWAY. A FREAKIN' YEAR AWAY.

I detest having my life ruled by my calendar....go here, go there. I'm much more of a seat-of-the-pants kinda girl, wondering what the next day will bring. Keep my options open. Take a detour if I want.


Good thing each child only graduates high school once. If I get any more overscheduled, I'm gonna be in a straightjacket.

Maybe I should deliberately overbook myself, like the airlines. Start my own personal "frequent flier" program. I could award points for events I don't attend. But then, I'd have to have a personal reward scheme. I don't think I want to go there.

Been there. Done that. Got that t-shirt. For 28 years. Not bitter or anything, just don't want to go down that highway again.

So if anyone anywhere wants me anywhere anytime the first half of 2012, BOOK ME NOW! Only nine slots left!!!!!!!!!

No comments: