Monday, June 20, 2011

Please Don't Shoot Me...

Why, YES...I was away for a few days. How KIND of you to notice.

I went to San Diego, California for my cousin Andy’s wedding to the beautiful Brittany.



Where it was 68 degrees. 72 tops.

I can’t say that loudly around these parts. Some folks 'round Middle-Of-Nowhere-comma-Georgia routinely carry firearms with them, and this heat is beginning to make people ornery.

“Hot” does not begin to define what is going on here, weather-wise. Today it was 99. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be around 102. That’s 37 and 39 for my Europals.

After a while, you get used to the heat...sorta. But go away for even a few days, and----KABLAM! Come home and it’s like being slapped in the face by a hot-water soaked string mop. Rivulets of sweat start dripping down your body searching for the path of least resistance like a flooding Mississippi before the levee system was put in.

Alix described it perfectly when we stepped out of the air conditioned door of the plane last night. “Mama, you can smell the humidity”.

But yes, I was in San Diego. (Oh, there aren’t any mosquitoes in Southern California either.) We had the usual fun that you have when our family gets together.

Lots of wine.



(The head table's private stash- with the Father of the Groom reloading. I was within arm's reach at all times).




Lots of food.









Lots of partying.






I got a good look at the USS Carl Vinson, just back (on June 15) from burying Osama at sea.



Thanks, guys.


So I’m back...even had jury duty today. But all the cases were settled. Rats...and they were all criminal too. I’m the only human on the planet who WANTS to be on a jury.

And I’m up to my ass in alligators (as we say in Louisiana), doing the vacation-rebound.



Because I leave again on Saturday. For Stockholm.

Where it’s 65.



I think I hear the ammunition being loaded.........


*ps- more wedding photos to follow!!!!!

No comments: