Saturday, May 5, 2018

Looking for James Bond

Searching for the Man with the Golden Gun???

Just a little trip to the beautiful islands around Phuket....

First stop-  Wat Suwankhuha... a Buddhist monastery built into caves.



Su-wank-huha.  Don'tcha just LOVE Thai names?


Also known as the monkey temple.



or the temple with the immense reclining Buddha in a cave.


Then it was off to cruise  Phang Nga Bay.


The scenery was breathtaking....


But ABSOLUTELY overrun with tourists.  Not what I was expecting.

 

Look familiar?


Ok...  I admit it.  I'm a James Bond nut.  Especially with Roger Moore.  I love all the movies, but the 1970's-Roger Moore-as-Bond have a kitchy-ness that I adore.

Last stop was a floating city.  It was fascinating- an absolute rabbit's warren of connected homes/shops/schools/mosque/marina/restaurants.



There's a story behind the color of this house....


Here's something I was NOT expecting to see--- prehistoric cave paintings.


All too soon (as Crystal's favorite turn of phrase) we were back on land.  I was entertained by this jumble of wires.  It's for cable tv.  Gives me an appreciation of the Thai version of the Comcast guy.


We sailed away at sunset... one last glimpse back toward the Land of Smiles.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for returning to your blog and thank you in particular for this post. It's awesome being able to follow you again.