Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Singapore

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Anna-Grace sent me a sad-faced text message reminding me it had been a month since my last blog post from grown up camp the World Cruise.

Well, I had an excuse.  The third leg of the World Cruise was a jam-packed whirlwind through Southeast Asia. 

AND, I had Laird along for the ride!!!

There was lots of shopping with the girls whilst he got settled in...but we did have some fun taking the gondola over to Sentosa Island.



The notoriously camera-shy Laird said it was ok to post some pics... (no, he is not in the witness protection program...at least as far as I know).   He had fun fooling around with a new lens he bought for his Canon.... he's quite an accomplished photographer and I can't wait to see what he captures when he  goes back to Africa for work in July.


Kitchy gondola photo...


That evening we went to the INCREDIBLE Supertree Restaurant in the Gardens by the Bay.  The restaurant is actually INSIDE one of the giant man-made trees of the gardens....and the view of the Singapore skyline was STUNNING.





The next day, whilst Laird recovered from jetlag (the flight from Hooterville to Singapore puts the LONG in longhaul flight, especially with connecting flights in Tokyo),  I hopped on the subway, or MRT as it is called in Singapore, to make a quick stop in Little India.


Yes, I know we were visiting India in a few days,  but  I wanted to see if I could find my way via metro.  It was fun! And FAST.


Glass bangles in all colors and sizes.  Yes, I might have picked up a few sets, in plastic, for one little girl in my life...



 The flower sellers were busy stringing all sorts of blossoms for the Hindu temples. 



The sights and smells of Indian life always make me happy.    What an adventure awaited us!

No comments: