Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New York One Last Time

Wednesday saw all my doctor stuff come out well--see you next year!!
Just at dusk, I ran into Lord and Taylor for a last minute Christmas present for Girl..and got this shot so typical of New York at Christmastime.


Wednesday night I ate at my favorite Madison Avenue restaurant --Salute!
I love this place because they make a woman dining alone feel so very welcome. No table scrunched in the corner, but a nice table with excellent attentive service. Never intrusive, but never neglectful, and great food and excellent wine by the glass. Who could ask for more?

I packed and got ready for the flight Thursday afternoon. I was way ahead of schedule but antsy to get to the airport because it was raining. I managed to get a cab first thing, and got to LaGuardia in time to try for standby on an earlier flight. It turned out to be a good thing, as my 3:30 flight was cancelled due to backups with the rainy weather. A flight and two-hour drive back to the Middle-of-Nowhere, and I was safe and sound in my "own widdle bed".
Thanks to Cynthia, Minnett, family and friends for such a memorable trip! Can't wait 'til next year!!!

I love New York--but I love being home even MORE!!

No comments: