Friday, June 19, 2009

Cruise Pics

Well, finally, I'm getting around to sharing the actual cruise from back in April 2009. Compressed though it may be, it will give you some idea of the wonderful things I saw once I was aboard MV Crystal Serenity....

CruiseGran and I ready to go in Hong Kong


Cousin Bill and Cousin Suzanne joined us for a wonderful lunch at the Peninsula Hotel (of James Bond's "Man with the Golden Gun")


Suzanne and I convinced CruiseGran we needed to get ANOTHER foot massage...


Before we enjoyed the night lights of Hong Kong Harbor as we sailed away.


Of course, on a cruise one must have a LifeBoat Muster drill...


Don't I look stunning in orange???


In Xiamen, we traveled by ferry to Gulangyu Island


and saw an amazing puppet show--




In Shanghai, we went up the TV tower


for an incredible view of the city


We had the chance to ride the world's first commercial magnetic levitation, or MagLev train


where I photographed us at top speed

Yes, that's 259 miles per hour!!!!!!!!!!

We went into old town


Visiting some beautiful and peaceful gardens






We visited the Buddhist Temple with its famous white jade Buddhas

which was a wonderful, if short, time for reflection and prayer.

Then, it was back to the ship and some fun with friends, Diane and Graham from the overland trip

(Diane and I were, of course, thrilled at the "singing rooms" all over Serenity.....)

and we trotted off afterwards for a yummy yummy dinner at Prego..


And, before we knew it, we were heading toward Nagasaki!!

No comments: