Thursday, February 15, 2018

Crew Tug-of-War

Every year, the highlight of Crystal Cruises' World Cruise Games is the Crew Tug-of-War.  Some of these departments practice for MONTHs in an attempt to dethrone the reigning champions, the Crystal Dining Room team.

It's a visual thing...so just enjoy the merriment....

My friend Che with RD*


and my friend Ada with RD...


and my friend Barbara with RD...


(RD gets around).

Afzal struggling to stay out of the sunshine while cheering on his Barstaff team...


 Style can be as important as strength sometimes... as the housekeeping department proves...




The galley crew...


The Shops/Shore Ex/Photography crew...


I think this was the specialty restaurants crew- but whoever it is, I loved how they turned umbrellas into jellyfish...


The always-expected-to-win Crystal Dining Room crew...


And the crew office crew!!!






My buddy Ross ready to tug...




I think these guys are the back galley crew...


And the deck department!




Mario, my mom's favorite waiter...


Powerhouse Musa ready to go...






And Coach Augusto, all ready for "his" team, the CDR, to win.


It was close--much closer than  in previous years. But, in the end, the CDR guys beat out the Bad Boys of the Bar.

Solid good fun in the sun!!!

*"Rubber Ducky" is RD's formal name.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahaha.... I loved seeing this post, I actually remember the faces of just a few of the crew. So happy that you got to include the deck guys as well!

Trust us - WE are seamen! hahaha