Friday, June 1, 2018

Racing in Bahrain

Hoo Boy!  The day I had been waiting for had arrived!

I was going RACING!  Or as close as I thought I'd ever get to it.

One of Crystal Cruises' shore excursions in Bahrain was to the Bahrain International Circuit- which annually hosts the Formula I Grand Prix.  Our excursion included a tour of the facility and a chance to ride in a special 2 person prototype race car- now you KNOW I wasn't going to pass that up!

We debarked the ship, to be greeted by....BAGPIPES?



And it was off to BIC.




Think I'm having fun yet?




Pit lane....



Sigh.  Like a fat kid in a candy store.


Race Control.  Charlie Whiting's desk.



The Big Boss of F1's office during race week.



Yes, please.


From now on, whenever I watch the Grand Prix of Bahrain, I will say "I stood there" when they present the trophies.  I apologize in advance to Laird and the kids and anyone else who might be in listening distance.


Parc Ferme- where the podium finishers pull up after the race.


And then it was TIME to GO RACING!!



And I was lucky enough to catch it on my GoPro.......


Well, not much could top that, but we went by the Welcome Center to see Michael Schumacher's car...


And headed back to the ship to get ready for a grand party that night.  First, though, I got some cool photos of the OTHER sport of Bahrain--Falconry.





Beautiful creature- almost as fast as I was today!!!!!!

1 comment:

Seagull said...

Sure beats being a grid girl! Ricciardo had better get signed up fast for that Red Bull seat next year!!!!