Saturday, June 11, 2011

SFC2010 Tangier

Remember when I said that I get up to see anything important??



5am. Gibraltar. Pretty much have to take my word for it.

I went back to sleep. Such is the excitement of my life.

Once out of the Med, into the Atlantic, and docked in Africa in Tangier, we were ready for a short excursion.



Most of the family (well, um..ALL of the family except me) are happy to say "Been there, Done That...Got that Tshirt".

I don't know why.







Look, CAMELS!!!



The oldest rubber tree in Morocco. It's older than the United States of America.



The base is painted white (limestone) to protect it from bugs.



I could have stayed longer. We practically RAN through the market...I was snapping photos left and right as fast as I could.





Those olives just about made me weak in the knees. Glorious!







I loved this door knocker on the old wooden door.



Of course we were taken to the state-sponsored store to look at rugs.



I think every tourist must pass through this place once. Believe it or not, I watched a guest drop $15,000 on a carpet in under 10 minutes. Walked out with only a receipt. Had it shipped home. I had to take a couple of deep breaths....

Lovely colors, with no time to shop.



I think my nephew Hutch looks like something out of Aladdin, don't you think?




Well, I would have liked to stay a bit longer and do some exploring, but it wasn't my decision. With Captain Giske calling the shots, it was load up the gangplank and sail for Lisbon.

No comments: