Saturday, June 11, 2011

WC2011 Last Sea Day

I always seem to be scurrying around the ship on the last sea day of a cruise, taking photos of people and places that make life aboard the Crystal Cruises ships so wonderful. Here they are from THIS voyage.

First up, Ross and Johnny.



Two of "my Lido guys." Unfailingly polite and smiling, with memories like elephants, these are some of the hardest working guys on the ship. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit one of them in my suitcase to bring home!!!

Our darling stewardess, Evelyn.



Spoils us rotten. From extra hangers on day one to the last round of more ice, always a smile.

Food.





Yes, everyone, this was LUNCH. Every cruise, I vow to be better and not eat so much. Fail every time.

Ah, sea days.





My favorite days.

My family.



Yes, we love each other. Moreover, we LIKE each other.

Guiseppe.









Not only talented, but too adorable for words. If you read my blog from last year's world cruise, he was the one who gave me salad tongs to eat my dessert.

Dining together. When we want to.







Crystal's new open seating option. Two words. LOVE. IT.

Miss Charlotte.



She's on every year. Such a wonderful lady. Clever and funny. Good friends with my great aunt. Good friends with my mom. Now my friend.

Glasses.





Lord help me, I do love accumulating them.

Crew that has become friends. Such as....

Borislav--aka "Little Bro", who took care of my beloved great aunt Eleanor who started this whole "Crystal Thing" with us.



Branislav--aka "Big Bro", who took care of "Arne" before Little Bro did. One word. FAMILY.



Pierre.



Emanuel and Pierre.



Two of the group of my favorite guys on the ship--the sommeliers. Talk about training and knowledge! For someone like me who loves wine and is passionate about learning more, they are eager to share what they know-and always in an accessible and down-to-earth way. Every cruise, I learn something new about wine, and come back home eager to both continue my explorations and share what I have learned with others. I am very lucky to be able to count many of "the somms" on both ships as my friends. One of my dreams is to be able to sit down with these guys (and girls) in an "outside of work" setting and REALLY have some fun--bottles and bottles and bottles of it!

Food. Did I mention that??



Right....I never touch the stuff! Actually, I had to show this because Guiseppe cooked for us that last night- Caesar Salad, Shrimp Fra Diavolo and Bananas Foster. See why I want to take him home????? (and he might JUST fit in that suitcase....)

Through the years, we return to Crystal Cruises because of the ships, the ports, the level of service, and the fun of being together. But what is really comes down to is FAMILY. For anywhere from three to six weeks out of the year, this is my HOME. And these are my family....both the one I was born into, and the one I get to pick.



I mean, REALLY--does any other ship seem to have THIS much fun??



Yes, I am--and always will be- a "Crystal Girl".

Now if I could just be clever enough to figure out how to turn it into a full-time job!!!!!!!! Oh, that would be a dream come true!

No comments: