Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Angkor Extras

Going back to the day previous...It had been a day of temple-seeing, which-of course- could never be described as enough. But we had a good taste, one that has definitely whetted my appetite for more.

There was a bit more fun to be had, though.  That evening, we had a lovely outdoor dinner and dancing show.



And Suzanne and I dragged Jane along with us for ANOTHER (well, strike while the iron is hot, I say) one hour foot massage.  I wanted a "fish pedicure" (especially from the shop called "Not Piranha"!!) but couldn't talk anyone else into it.  So another massage it way.  Oh, darn!!!

Another wild tuk tuk ride--this time with a tour of the riverbank (no, I don't know if there were any pythons on the riverbank..it was dark.  And before the panic attack).   Oh, how we laughed! AND he came back to fetch us home after the massage.  I do love Cambodia!!!

The next day, (after that damn snake-infested lake tour) we flew to meet the ship in Saigon  Ho Chi Minh City.  It was a Sunday, so traffic was (they said) non-existent.  My first impression of HCMC was ...MOTORBIKES.



EVERYWHERE.









But before I head to Saigon (there I go again) Ho Chi Minh City, a few last looks at Cambodia, a country I have grown to love (minus the pythons)  in a mere 72 hours.

The Buddhist flag marks a serene spot.



Music at lunch!



Waterlily (pink) or Lotus (white), it's still lovely.



Angkor the Magnificent.



And Magnificent.



and ME.




No comments: